Shipping & Warranty Policies
- Shipping Guidelines
- Warranty Information
- Extended Warranty
- Bitcoin Sales
We ship daily via UPS, Roadway, Federal Express, etc. Depending on the part needed and your location, it may not be economically feasible to ship some parts. Some parts are sold with exchange of the old or bad part. All retail parts must be prepaid. C.O.D. and open accounts are available to qualified wholesale accounts.
All returns and exchanges must be pre-approved and shipping must be prepaid. We pay no shipping on any warranty claims. All items can be made available for pickup to avoid shipping charges. Although we attempt to ship only quality parts, if a replacement part is needed and not available, approved refunds will be issued less shipping charges.
- Inspect merchandise upon receipt. It is sold as-is; however, we will replace merchandise if defective and returned within 90 days in the same condition as purchased. Shipping charges and a 25% handling charge applies to merchandise returned for a refund within 90 days. No refunds or returns after 30 days unless an extended warranty was purchased in advance. No refunds on "cut off" parts. All deposits are non-refundable
- Guarantees: Transmissions and Engines have 90 day guarantee from the date of purchase against cracked block, not to knock or smoke excessively. This is a parts replacement only and not a refund. Carburetors have no guarantee and no return
- All claims must be accompanied by the invoice. We make no other guarantee or warrantee, express or implied. We pay no labor, delivery, incidental, consequential, or special damages of any kind.
- Core parts must be returned within 30 days.
- Parts must be picked up and paid for within 30 days or the deposit is lost.
Extended Warranties are Now Available on Most Mechanical PartsAdditional Costs are as Follows:
|Engines & Transmissions|
|Original Cost||6 Months||12 Months|
|$1000 & up||10%||20%|
|Original Cost||6 Months||12 Months|
|$250 & up||10%||20%|
Extended Warranty Terms
Your recycled part from this URG Recycler is covered by the extended warranty only if specifically included in writing at the time of sale. The customer is responsible for retaining the original sales receipt with these extended warranty terms attached to verify any warranty purchased.
This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the part and only as the part is still installed in the vehicle which it was originally purchased for 6 or 12 months (extended warranty purchased). The warranty is not transferable. If any defect is discovered during the warranty period, the URG Recycler must be informed immediately. All claims must be accompanied by the part and the original sales receipt together with the extended warranty terms attached. Defects must be verified and all work under this warranty authorized by the URG Recycler . Transportation cost of any part to the URG Recycler is specifically excluded from this warranty. The URG Recycler reserves the right to repair, replace or refund the purchase price of any part at its option. Such repair, replacement, or refund will satisfy all obligations under this warranty. Any improper use, abuse (including but not limited to overheating or low oil in engines and transmission), neglect, careless handling, damage done by improper installation or repairs, or removal of a part from this vehicle in which it was first installed after purchase from the URG Recycler shall void this warranty. Melting of heat tabs installed by the URG Recycler if applicable will be considered evidence of overheating. Labor cost, including the cost of moving the attached external parts from the purchaser's old part to the URG Recyclers part, seals, gaskets, fluids, and similar supplies are specifically excluded from this warranty.
The liability and obligations of the URG Recycler under this warranty shall not include any inconvenience, transportation, towing, labor expenses (unless a limited installation warranty is purchased), down time, or direct or indirect or consequent damage, or delay resulting from defect. This warranty is in lieu of any other warranties expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No action of the URG Recycler under this warranty shall extend the original warranty period or alter its obligation. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Any cause of action arising from any warranty action must be filed in the Kenton County Kentucky court system.
The URG Recycler warrants to the original purchaser the internal parts of the engines to be free of defects for a period of 6 or 12 months from the date of sale. The parts covered by this warranty are the engine block, cylinder head with valves, cam shaft, connecting rods and bearings, pistons, piston rings, oil pump, crankshaft and bearings, rocker arms, valve filters, and other internal parts. Excluded from this warranty are the carburetor, fuel pump, water pump, all electrical parts, hoses, lines, belts, intake and exhaust manifolds, fuel injector pumps, all other fuel injector parts, and all other external parts. Calibration and adjustment of the excluded parts is also excluded from this warranty. This warranty is void if new oil and oil filters are not used in installation.
The URG Recycler warrants to the original purchaser its Transmission to be free of defects for a period of 6 or 12 months from the date of sale. The parts covered by this warrant are the transmission case and all internal parts including the torque converter. Excluding from this warranty are the transmission mounts, shifting linkage, flywheel, all other external parts, and problems that result from not installing new fluid, filter and seals when installing the transmission.
The URG Recycler warrants to the original purchaser that recycled parts sold by it will be free of defects for a period of 6 or 12 months from the date of purchase on properly installed parts.
The use of this web site is for the convenience of a person to decide if they wish to contact Foreign Auto Salvage. Foreign Auto Salvage MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE ITEMS DISPLAYED OR ANY INFORMATION displayed about a particular part or vehicle. The contants of this web site are not always updated daily and changes may occur as to the condition or fitness of a particular part, vehicle or information displayed. At the time the information was updated on this web site, it was believed to be accurate. Foreign Auto Salvage sales outlet is located at 1980 Highland Pike, Ft.Wright, Kentucky and all sales by Foreign Auto Salvage shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the law of the Commonwealth of Kentucky (without regard to principles of conflict of laws), including the application of any applicable statutes of limitations. Any action, suit or proceeding brought by any party with respect to, or to enforce the terms of, this Agreement or any other agreement provided for herein or related thereto, shall be brought by such party exclusively in the courts of the Commonwealth of Kentucky located in Kenton County, Kentucky, or in the courts of the United States for the Eastern District of Kentucky. Each party, by his or its purchase, irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of said courts.
All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original sales receipt together with these extended warranty terms and the customer bears all responsibility for retaining and producing the original sales receipt and these extended warranty terms.
Purchases Made with Bitcoin
- For information about ordering with bitcoin, please contact us via e-mail at BitcoinSales@ForeignAutoSalvage.com. If you would like to communicate securely via e-mail, please use the PGP key with ID 0xBB37FEAF.
- Refunds will be processed within 8 business hours.
- The currency exchange rate will be based on that of BitcoinAverage.com for items priced less than $5,000 USD. For in-person sales, the exchange rate will be updated at the minute of the sale. For e-mail orders, the exchange rate will be updated at the time the e-mailed invoice has been sent, and will be included in the e-mail.
- Please contact BitcoinSales@ForeignAutoSalvage.com in order to discuss currency exchange rates for items priced at $5,000 USD or greater.
- For in-person sales worth more than $1,500 USD, the customer must wait for at least 1 "Confirmation" before you can leave our location with your part(s). A confirmation takes on average 10 minutes, but can be as little as 5 or as much as 20 minutes in rare situations.
- For in person sales worth more than $5,000 USD, the customer must to wait for at least 2 "Confirmations" before you can leave our location with your part(s). This may take 15-30 minutes.
- You can learn more about bitcoin at bitcoin.org.